Communicative Language Teaching
Communicative Language Teaching
Objectives and syllabus
Here are some of the objectives of Communicative Language Teaching:
* students will learn to use language as a means of expression
* students will use language as a means of expressing values and judgments
* students will learn to express the functions that best meet their own communication needs.
Communicative language teaching often uses a functional-notional syllabus. Walden(1987) has classified a number of communicative syllabus types.
Ingredients of successful communicative functions of the way in English language teaching
Most of us know how communicative events as wonderful opportunities to learn, but what makes events successful way communication?
The success of communication between groups and couples in the performance of the players, usually the work of teachers for the performance by the students themselves, this event, and that includes working as a teacher in the classroom and what should teachers and students during lessons. Prior to assuming the role of teachers, we need enough to make a statement that the concept of “communication events” is mainly due to measures to promote language proficiency is based, while d other special events, such exercises with the rules of the language probably more than you.
The core of communicative language teaching is realistic about the view that this situation is somewhat sidelined in the corridors of the school with a group of friends to plan for the summer or spring producing discuss. They are negotiating with this kind of context and meaning students would require the introduction of dual diversity.
Activities teacher in communicative language teaching
Before the start of the study of the teacher, you should ask the tasks, especially if trends in communication events, such as Tatiana:
- What can I do to the scene to create and fill the ocean?
Try a situation in these studies to find the actual use of language trying to create the situation and the conversations and relationships that result.
- What is the purpose of carrying out communicative language teaching?
The context in which we think, imagine what he was talking with the players and what are their goals? And what – you -? Your answers to any other case, the effectiveness of advice to a sick friend, students at some of the suggestions in this regard.
- How is the communicative language teaching of the fun?
Undoubtedly the facts were very funny when you feel the students during its operation, based on this method, the techniques of the student jokes as diverse as the examples in the vicinity of the source and energy efficiency, a safety mirror boredom innovative and enthusiastic students from his personal experiences as a catalyst to his mental state.
- Do not give students prepare for?
Show that most surveys and studies to give students time to conduct Altosalip This makes sense since there is no time for students to prepare for the preparation of two things: the first is the use of resources, language skills and creativity ( unavailable to most students and lack of experience of the language – the translator -) and the second. To ensure sufficient time to prepare for the stresses that arise as a direct result of the spontaneous use of English relief.
- What kinds of groups for students?
If you work more effectively with students in groups or pairs?
If you’re sitting or standing? Take all Aujlav?
- What kinds of changes that occur on the students?
It will be a crucial factor in planning, but perhaps one of the best ways to highlight the importance of language, students must produce to fill out the form, write to the dialog to understand.
Highlights of the communicative language teaching needs is not for students to prepare in advance, that writing a dialogue model could shed light on these requirements, teachers may also include the importance of the applications received, the potential effectiveness of this type of planning allows teachers to discuss the potential benefits styles and what is the natural extension of the need for a responsible dialogue to learn.
The activities of the teacher during class
Entering the classroom, the teacher, the process of preparing students for effective communication with the following steps to start, we find that the teacher (or students) to assist in their effectiveness.
Set was the situation he was born (scenes) and have fun. For example, should be long enough for a personal story that has produced effective communications are important is that students answer the following questions as possible. Where are the words and to whom? Why talk?
* Plans for the communicative language teaching
If the teacher and the time we see a better plan of how you take the time to decide to invest, for example, the teacher must develop a set of proposals revolve around the illness of a friend.
* Preparing students for students to write and the teacher monitors their work.
* Develop plans for the following events
Teachers – Students
Students – teachers
Student – Student
It is perhaps the most important for successful communication events are as follows:
- Pay attention to application in the target language and language development.
- To meet the objective of clarifying the requirements for effectiveness.
- Initiation a necessary dialogue.
- Determine the location of potential problems.
- To measure the ability of students to the event start.
- To build confidence among students
- To light on some of its neighbors shed, you need to scale
* Working in pairs students interrupt the teacher if they “stuck”, for us
a – aid effectiveness
b – to collect and identify the most common errors are the perfect time to stop.
c – Encouraging
d – is the best expression of the work of the pair.
*Dealing with the problems.
While you are trying to district students during the performance of effective errors can be corrected effectively after completion of the event by typing the problems that have been identified on the board after the completion of the implementation effectiveness. Give your attention to these problems and helped to encourage students to submit their proposals to solve these problems.
* Work in the form of pairs of new mode of re-effectively with a new partner and the students can do the Standardization of corrections, and suggestions that have worked in the previous phase.
* Conclusion: provides students a final report contains the results obtained, that they can submit their report to another student or a teacher. At this stage, is placed the ultimate meaning of the event.
Some of the beneficial ingredients
Differ each other for effective communication, but all the actors involved in the way of being energetic and adaptable way and it reveals its effectiveness by influencing the impact on the students themselves, and can we add some other ingredients such as: -
- Define the context or the ocean more realistic effective.
- Define a clear objective or purpose of the event.
- Make sure that the information gap opening Aovjop
- Create an atmosphere fun active student performance.
- Allow the student to limit the time if necessary
- Beware of the traditional formulas have come to expect the student
- Adopted the principle of planning .. planning .. planning to perform effectively.
- Design appropriate forms marshal
- Monitor the performance of efficiency into substantive constructive critic.
- Ensure correct the student to the same
- The conclusion by the student.
Communicative language teaching uses almost any activity that engages learners in authentic communication. Castlewood, however has distinguished two major activity types: functional communication activities: ones aimed at developing certain language skill sand functions, but which involve communication, and social interaction activities, such as conversation and discussion sessions, dialogues and roll plays