remedial teaching methods
Remedial Teaching Methods
If a student needs remediation in a subject, in general, they have lost the fundamental principles of matter somewhere on the road. For example, a student who has difficulty with beginning algebra, the chances are very low in the basic skills in mathematics. And a student who is straining with composition is probably weak in grammar, spelling and vocabulary.
1. The first step in a remedial education for students effective test for diagnosis. The diagnostic test will reveal areas of strength or weakness in the area of expertise. Ideally, the diagnosis of an English test at the bottom of the level of student knowledge in the following areas:
• spelling, punctuation and capitalization
• verbs, pronouns, adjectives and adverbs
• sentence structure, punctuation and sentence clarity
Diagnosis in the field of mathematics to demonstrate mastery of skills:
- addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Mapping skills and graphics
- measurement and basic geometry
2. After the evaluation of students’ weaknesses in basic skills, lesson plans and exercises should be designed to target areas. Among the lessons and exercises, formative assessments must be administered to students to check progress. Formative evaluation questionnaires can be oral questions and comments from the instructor. If the formative evaluation indicates that the student can not understand a concept, the teacher can design a specific project audit or other learning strategy. Formative evaluation and students valuable feedback on their progress.
3. The final step in the class of relevant recovery is the delivery of summative assessments. What are the different types of students testing at the end of the recovery period, the effectiveness of educational assessment. The purpose of summative assessment for the skills of the student to be assessed after the training is complete recovery. The summative evaluation found that students master basic skills and determine if there are areas where further efforts are needed.
A remedial teaching methods is one that is meant to improve a learning skill or rectify a problem area. Remedial teaching methods involves using individualized teaching of students who are experiencing difficulties in specific subject areas. Remedial teaching methods might be taught individually or in groups and targets academic weaknesses that may hinder learning. Remedial activities teach basic skills that are the foundation for learning a subject in greater detail, and such skills must be learned before students can develop a detailed understanding of the topic of study.