GLAD teaching strategies
GLAD Teaching Strategies
Overview of GLAD teaching strategies
GLAD teaching strategies a model of professional development in language acquisition and literacy. The strategies and the acquisition of the English model, academic achievement and intercultural skills support. Based on current research areas, including a brief summary of some of the strategies and implications for education:
1. High education
• A class that the student values and offers a real opportunity for schools to use and offers the highest standards and expectations for all students (Goodman, Shefelbine, Cummins, Smith, Collier).
2. Brain Research – Metacognition
• When you focus on knowledge and images of research, brainstorming and clustering (Costa Rico, Kovalik) to turn it on.
• A means to a common understanding and scaffolding, direct experiences, movies, pictures, professor reading (Krashen, Collier, Swain, long, Vygotsky) guarantee.
• Students learn and are encouraged to share their thoughts and texts with multiple intelligences to organize: graphic organizers, summaries, graphs, and semantic or contextual cues (Costa Rico, Krashen, Long, Marzano, Gardner, Lazear).
• Aspect metacognitive models of teacher and pupil, this response is obtained, not only the correct answer (Costa, Farr, Sagor).
3. Brain and second language acquisition
• A goal for student learning, motivation or objective outcome, he said, student elections, the relationship between the basis of personal knowledge and learning new tables (High Scope, Hunter, Cummins, Wolfe).
• Opportunities to the importance of language and text, operation of the cooperative problem solving and flexible heterogeneous homogeneous groups.
4. Reading and Writing To, With, and By Students
• Reading, determine the purpose and joy called for reading and writing the language, reading large amounts of time, silent reading and writing in silence through the exchange of books and oral Quick Share.
• direct teaching of concepts, vocabulary and skills, sample text, academic language, writing, design, decoding skills.
• writing that emphasizes the use of metacognetive reading and writing as a process of group / write start brainstorming, following the acceptance of the development of the author, edit and review process in the right place. No modification of the initial design, not all the writing on the stage of assembly, using methods of classes for students through the process, using data from personal reactions to texts or themes, using interactive newspapers.
• The environment of the functional language, written language has remained the poetry on the walls – and read by students, reading and writing on the walls of every day. Great books on the walls, shared reading / writing experiences.
5. The active participation of all parts of the machine, the negotiation of meaning, personal interaction and comprehensible output 2.10.
6. With a view to the problems, planning for the year, and strategies to meet the basic standards of learning, trust, identity and voice to promote compliance. The values of personal interaction and verbal representations of mutual respect.
7. For a review and evaluation of a variety of tools for what you have learned to think, what has been learned and what to do with the information. Assessment, ongoing assessment and summative assessment, based on the strengths and needs. To direct mediation of language and race.
GLAD teaching strategies is a model of professional development in language acquisition and literacy. The strategies and the acquisition of the English model, academic achievement and intercultural skills support. GLAD teaching strategies has been developed and field district for nine years at Fountain Valley School and tested based on years of experience with integrated approach to the teaching of foreign languages is based. For rules, the model allows teachers to access the program with the local district policies and programs to help them.
GLAD teaching strategies is a model to clear policies, practices, promoting a positive and effective interaction between pupils and between teachers and students. GLAD teaching strategies use of high-level language and academic literacy. The strategies of the model are used to learn English in order to academic excellence and intercultural skills.
GLAD teaching strategies provides an organizational structure for a well rounded education. The integration of listening, speaking, reading and writing in all areas of research shows that language is acquired most effectively when the emphasis on meaning. Language, any language, at the same time looking for something fun or something that applies to real life can be acquired.
GLAD teaching strategies is an instructional model with clear, practical strategies that promote positive, effective interactions among students and between teachers and students. GLAD teaching strategies use of high level academic language and literacy. The strategies used in the model promote English language acquisition, academic achievement, and cross-cultural skills.